- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine or broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown half of the chicken breasts in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine or broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
"This chicken piccata is delicious; definitely a keeper! I also doubled the sauce ingredients for the extra sauce. My husband really enjoyed the flavor of this dish. He is not generally a lemon fan but the light lemon flavor is not overpowering."
"I doubled the sauce ingredients as my family likes extra sauce. This was delicious and is now on my make again menu."
"I really liked this. I make picatta all the time for my son but differently. He loves the way i make it but I thought I'd try it this way for a change. He liked this recipe but prefers mine. I thought it was very good. Better than mine. So 5 stars from me. 4 from my son. I used white wine and chicken broth combo. Didn't have fresh parsley so used jarred. Added a bit more of ingredients to make more gravy."
"Excellent flavors - would add mushrooms next time. Will definitely be making again. easy to prepare!"
"Excellent flavor and relatively easy to make. Adding saut?ed mushrooms really made it stand out. We'll be making this again and again."
"This recipe was delicious! DH called it "a keeper". As suggested by another reviewer, I doubled the sauce, then served it over angel hair."
"This one is a family favorite, have been making it for years. My husband didn't believe me when I told him it was a "Light" recipe!"
"This is fabulous. I used white whole wheat flour, and less of it, more cheese, and threw in some capers in the sauce. Delicious, even warmed up the next night!"