- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine or broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown four chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings. Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine or broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce
"Have not tried this yet but will be this week I was wondering how many real eggs should I use?"
"Delicious. Next time I will make more sauce. My husband loved it."
"We followed this recipe just about exactly, and it was literally amazing. This is one of the best chicken recipes I've made this year (I know, it's only April). We had it with some brown rice. We will be making this again for sure."
"My husband and I loved this recipe, I used real eggs, instead of the "egg substitution stuff". I also made extra sauce and served it with fettuccine which soaked up the lemony sauce too and a side of fresh sauteed mushrooms..."
"This was so good. I found it today; made it today; it couldn't have been easier. It was easy to adjust the recipe for two. I cheated and served it with a box risotto, but even that was good. Enjoy!"
"Absolutely Delicious recipe!! I made this for my husband and three sons and it was a hit! The flavors were light and refreshing. This is a great dish to make for company too!!"
"This chicken piccata is delicious; definitely a keeper! I also doubled the sauce ingredients for the extra sauce. My husband really enjoyed the flavor of this dish. He is not generally a lemon fan but the light lemon flavor is not overpowering."
"I doubled the sauce ingredients as my family likes extra sauce. This was delicious and is now on my make again menu."