- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 chicken tenderloins, cubed
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°. Beat cream cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper on medium speed until well combined. Fold in capers and shallot.
- Unfold puff pastry; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four smaller squares. Spread cream cheese mixture over squares to within 1/4 in. of edges; top with chicken.
- Fold one corner of each pastry square over chicken, forming a triangle. Pinch triangle edges to seal and flatten with fork for tighter seal. Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry pocket, including edges. Discard leftover egg mixture. Pierce each pocket twice with a fork to vent.
Bake on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, 18 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes. Serve pockets with lemon slices and parsley.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pockets on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, bake as directed, increasing time by about 5 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Piccata Pockets
"Loved the cream cheese filling. Will make this dish for guests."
"Looked pretty, but too much cream cheese for only 4 chicken tenders."