- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup water
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder and paprika; set aside. In a another shallow bowl, beat eggs and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken on each side in butter over medium-high heat. Combine the bouillon, water and remaining lemon juice; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Piccata
"My husband loves this meal. It is simple to make and I usually cut the chicken into small serving sizes so that there is more flavor and faster cooking time."
"The chicken was nice and moist but I did find the coating to be a bit soggy from being cooked in the broth. I think I will continue my search for another Piccata recipe with a little more flavor."
"The chicken was very moist and tender. It had a very good flavor to it. I was expecting it to have more lemon flavor but was pleasantly surprised that it had just the right amount. The main complaint I have is my breading got a little soft since it simmered in a covered pan for 20 minutes. Maybe I should have done something a little different. But, my family ate it so that's always a good thing. Not sure I would make it again though just because I have a bunch of other chicken recipes like this that I like better. I'm glad I tried it though."
"This is delicious!! Everyone who has tried it asks for the recipe. I butterfly my chicken breasts and use the meat mallet which makes them even more tender and juicy. I highly recommend this recipe!"