Chicken Philly Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet orange or yellow pepper, julienned
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split and warmed
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and sweet peppers until crisp-tender.
- 2. Return chicken to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add cheese. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 467 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 986mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 9g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Philly Sandwiches
"This was great over rice instead of in a Hoagie Bun, too. Great recipe!"
"Woo what a beautiful recipe lol, thanks for sharing it with us; Jesus Christ Bless you! :)"
"It was good."
"Even my picky teenage daughter ate them!"
"Will make it every month now! Very yummy!"