- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- With greased fingers, pat dough into an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Brush with egg. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, yellow pepper and lemon-pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread the pesto sauce over the crust. Top with chicken mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 slices.
Reviews forChicken Pesto Pizza
"I made this recipe for my 13 y/o daughter and friends when she had a sleepover and everyone LOVED it One of the girls mothers called the next week for the recipe because she couldn't stop talking about it. easy and delicious what more could you ask for!!"
"This pizza is extra special with goat cheese crumbles, too. I added roasted peppers instead of the yellow - yummy!"