Chicken Pesto Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 jars (3-1/2 ounces each) prepared pesto
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in the chicken, artichokes, pesto, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 620 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2015
This is sooo yummy! I used my home-made garlic pesto in place of the jar of store bought and I substituted broccoli for asparagus. I loved it. Very filling.
Feb 25, 2015
Made this for my family and they loved it. will definitely make this again
Jun 1, 2009
My husband doesn't like sun-dried tomatoes, so we substitute it with a can of diced tomatoes. Cost less and gives a very similar taste! This meal is so delicious and EASY. One of our favorites!