Chicken Pesto Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 jars (3-1/2 ounces each) prepared pesto
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in the chicken, artichokes, pesto, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 620 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Oct 14, 2015
This is sooo yummy! I used my home-made garlic pesto in place of the jar of store bought and I substituted broccoli for asparagus. I loved it. Very filling.
Feb 25, 2015
Made this for my family and they loved it. will definitely make this again
Jun 1, 2009
My husband doesn't like sun-dried tomatoes, so we substitute it with a can of diced tomatoes. Cost less and gives a very similar taste! This meal is so delicious and EASY. One of our favorites!