Chicken-Pesto Pan Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Unroll pizza crust into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several items with a fork. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the water, oil and pesto sauce mix in a saucepan. Cook until heated through (do not boil). Add the spinach, ricotta and onion.
- Spread over crust. Top with chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes and Swiss and Romano cheeses. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 368 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 30, 2012
Would I make this again? YEAH! My daughters have asked for every day since I made it the first time. Great way to use leftover chicken and the pesto sauce mix is very flavorful. Yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.