These tender, pesto-stuffed meatballs get gobbled up in our house. They're short on ingredients, but packed with flavor. I always make a double batch, freezing the other half for a busy night. —Ally Billhorn, Wilton, Iowa
Recommended: 57 Superfood Spinach Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 ounces uncooked whole grain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Torn fresh basil and additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, pesto, cheese and garlic powder. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls.
In a large skillet, brown meatballs over medium heat, turning occasionally. Add sauce and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with spaghetti. If desired, top with basil and additional cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatball mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan over low heat, stirring gently and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pesto Meatballs in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018