- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 envelope Lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a Dutch oven, adding the vegetables during the last 6 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in butter in a large skillet until no longer pink. Add the cheeses, broth and soup mix; cook and stir until cheeses are melted. Drain pasta and vegetables; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forChicken Penne Alfredo
"This recipe was delicious! Like someone else mentioned, my husband is not that crazy about pasta either. So I substituted tiny red and yellow potatoes and left everything else the same. Cook the potatoes about 15 minutes before adding the veggies. It was fabulous."
"MADE IT TODAY AND IT TURN OUT GREAT!"
"I don't know why I didn't find this recipe sooner! Absolutely delicious. As other reviewers have commented, I did not find the Lipton soup, but used the Good Seasons Garlic and Herb dressing mix instead. I also used and entire box (16 oz) of rotini. Just the right amount of sauce for the pasta, well seasoned, delish!"
"My husband doesn't really care for pasta but he loves this dish. It is very rich with all the cream cheese but oh so delicious!!!"
"Absolutely delicious and easy! I've made it twice already and received rave reviews both times. I used only broccoli florets instead of the broccoli/cauliflower combo & it was great."
"I was out of cheddar cheese so substituted mozzarella. This was surprisingly good !! I too had trouble finding the soup mix at my normal store, but found it at the Walmart. I will definitely be making this again."
"I had to make a few changes: used 2 cans of chicken and couldn't find the Lipton soup mix so just used about a tsp. of a dry garlic & herb marinade and it turned out excellent. My husband and 3 year old loved it too. I loved the flavor the marinade added but next time will probably do more veggies."
"My husband loved this! easy to make and great tasting."