Pecans add a touch of crunch to the warm chicken mixture in these speedy soft-shell tacos from Judy Frakes of Blair, Nebraska. Kick up the heat a notch or two by using medium or hot salsa.
Recommended: 70 Sweet & Savory Pecan Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, saute chicken, onion and cumin in butter until chicken juices run clear. Reduce heat to low. Add pecans and sour cream; cook and stir until heated through. Spoon about 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla; top with cheese, salsa and lettuce if desired. Fold in sides. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pecan Wraps in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p51