Chicken, Pecan & Cherry Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the first six vinaigrette ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 414 calories, 32g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 10, 2013
My family loved this salad, I used purchased bagged lettuce blend and substituted homemade grilled chicken breast for the bagged strips. I also substituted fresh cherries, chopped for the dried cherries. It was so delicious and refreshing!