Chicken, Pecan & Cherry Salad
Already cooked chicken strips make this a super easy meal when I'm trying to get dinner on the table in a hurry. Grabbing a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is another road to take when time is short and hungry family members surround the table! —Kellie Mulleavy, Lambertville, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the first six vinaigrette ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 cups: 414 calories, 32g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 10, 2013
My family loved this salad, I used purchased bagged lettuce blend and substituted homemade grilled chicken breast for the bagged strips. I also substituted fresh cherries, chopped for the dried cherries. It was so delicious and refreshing!