Chicken & Pear Bundles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Flatten chicken breasts evenly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry sheet into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares. Place a chicken breast in the center of each square; top each with cheese and pear slices.
- Lightly brush pastry edges with egg. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and vinegar. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-25 seconds or until melted. Serve with bundles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 699 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 7g fiber), 40g protein.
Mar 16, 2014
I have made this twice in the past two weeks. It's excellent and just so easy to make! Definitely a keeper!
Jan 2, 2013
Easy enough for a weeknight, but fancy enough for company!Chicken could use a little more flavor, though. Perhaps a marinade?Also, I used swiss cheese instead of mozarella.
Mar 9, 2012
This was a great recipe. My kids all loved it and I love how easy it was.
Feb 23, 2012
quick easy tasty! found that i had to roll out the dough some, make sure the pear is ripe or it will be hard even after cooking without much flavor, the sauce tops it off! had friends over for the first cooking they all loved the meal..
Jan 6, 2012
It tastes fantastic, but I live in the wrong area and couldn't find raspberry preserves without seeds and it does effect the sauce.
Jan 23, 2011
This receipe is super easy to make, and is very elegant. I didn't have pears the last time I made it, so I used a green apple instead. Throw in some jalapenos for some heat, and an orange citrus vinigrette on a side salad compliments the flavors very well.
Jan 13, 2011
Simple but looks and tastes like it took a long time and you would pay a lot for it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.