Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie or spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Caesar or Parmesan salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard or other prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1. In a large bowl, toss the pasta, chicken, oil and garlic powder. Cover and chill. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, mustard, curry powder, salt and pepper; cover and chill. Just before serving, add the red pepper, tomato, carrot and dressing to pasta mixture; gently toss to coat.
1 each: 487 calories, 29g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jun 1, 2015
Very easy to prepare and my family loved it! Perfect for summer!
Aug 31, 2011
Unless you are a huge fan of curry powder, I wouldn't use 2-3 teaspoons as the recipe suggests. I used 1/2 a teaspoon and it was plenty! Still got the great curry flavor!
Jun 23, 2010
My husband loves this recipe so during the summer I make it often. I've tweeked it a little though. I use rotini pasta and I alternate between tomoatoes, cucumbers, peppers and shredded carrots as the added vegies. I use what I have on hand. I also use the spicy brown mustard. It makes a large bowl and it disappears fast!