Chicken Pasta Salad with Oranges
Served warm, this satisfying salad combines pasta, chicken, lettuce, mandarin oranges and romaine and is tossed with a slightly tart dressing. From Coos Bay, Oregon, Diane Conrad comments, "My daughter-in-law gave me a basic dressing recipe, and I adapted it to suit our tastes."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, sugar and garlic; shake well and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, peppers and mushrooms, in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In same skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until juices run clear; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, lettuce, oranges, olives, onion mixture and chicken. Pour dressing over lettuce mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 332 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.