Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during the last 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute red peppers and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, 1/2 cup milk, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Add chicken to the pepper mixture. Combine cornstarch and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta mixture; toss with sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
1-1/4 cups: 345 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 625mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.