Chicken Parmigiana for 2
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, herbs and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, place the milk, flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and herb seasoning. Dip chicken in milk; roll in flour. Dip in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat until golden brown and a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with spaghetti and tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 787 calories, 35g fat (16g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 2081mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 6g fiber), 52g protein.
Jun 8, 2017
Everyone liked it. Next time I will pound the chicken flat because they took too long to cook through.
May 5, 2013
I followed recipe with one smalll change. Take grape tomatoes, halve them, mix with 1tsp olive oil, 1tsp good quality balsamic vinegar, lay them on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and roast at 350 for 25 minutes. Serve them on top of the chicken.
Jan 18, 2012
Very good recipe. Wouldn't change a thing. Will make again. Thanks!!
Jun 21, 2011
This is really good! I've made it many times. The sauce is great, and we serve it over angel hair pasta. Wonderful!