Chicken Parmigiana for 2
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, herbs and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, place the milk, flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and herb seasoning. Dip chicken in milk; roll in flour. Dip in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat until golden brown and a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with spaghetti and tomato sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 787 calories, 35g fat (16g saturated fat), 244mg cholesterol, 2081mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 6g fiber), 52g protein.
Jun 8, 2017
Everyone liked it. Next time I will pound the chicken flat because they took too long to cook through.
May 5, 2013
I followed recipe with one smalll change. Take grape tomatoes, halve them, mix with 1tsp olive oil, 1tsp good quality balsamic vinegar, lay them on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and roast at 350 for 25 minutes. Serve them on top of the chicken.
Jan 18, 2012
Very good recipe. Wouldn't change a thing. Will make again. Thanks!!
Jun 21, 2011
This is really good! I've made it many times. The sauce is great, and we serve it over angel hair pasta. Wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.