- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender; add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, herbs and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the milk, flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and herb seasoning. Dip chicken in milk; roll in flour. Dip in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat until golden brown and juices run clear. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve over spaghetti; top with tomato sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forChicken Parmigiana for 2
"Everyone liked it. Next time I will pound the chicken flat because they took too long to cook through."
"Very good recipe. Wouldn't change a thing. Will make again. Thanks!!"
"This is really good! I've made it many times. The sauce is great, and we serve it over angel hair pasta. Wonderful!"