Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cheese, wheat germ and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts14 ounce-weight: 598 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1214mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 63g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2016
I followed this recipe to a "T" with the exception that I wrapped the chicken in nun stick foil for two hours at 275 until read 165. I make my own buttermilk.
Sep 27, 2013
Apr 24, 2013
It was very good, but mine came out a bit dry....I cooked it for an hour and had 4 large breasts...I will cut cooking time down next time..but very tasty!
Apr 23, 2013
I made this recipe today. It was great. I will make it again. I wish people who don't like the nutritional facts just keep it to themselves. You don't have to try the recipe. We do have common sense. The review is if you like the taste or don't like the taste. Thanks.
Apr 22, 2013
This sounds very good, but why is the serving size listed as 14 ounces? That seems like a lot of chicken and the calorie and fat count is far too high for my intake.
Apr 22, 2013
A wonderful and rich recipe. Full of flavor. I would make it again.
Nov 4, 2011
I love this recipe. So easy to make. And it very good.
Nov 18, 2010
Very good would just add a little thyme also. Very easy to make.