Chicken Parmesan With Spaghetti Squash
I grow spaghetti squash and herbs in my garden every year, so this recipe is the perfect way to use them up. —Kristina Krummel, Elkins, Arkansas
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down; microwave on high until tender, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with parsley, oregano and basil. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Stir in pasta sauce; sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Separate strands of squash with a fork. Serve with chicken and sauce. If desired, top with chopped parsley.
1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup squash and 1/2 cup sauce: 501 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 43g protein.
Nov 14, 2018Very good. I cook the spaghetti squash in slow cooker, so I have it ready for dinner.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC