This Creation is my Chicken Parmesan meets Stuffed Shells and this is their love child. The texture of the chicken holds up, and is enhanced by the creamy cheesy mixture it is bathed in. It is quite the 'hot' dish. —Cynthia Gerken, Naples, Florida
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 cups meatless pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, halved and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook shells according to package directions for al dente; drain. Toss with oil; spread onto a baking sheet.
- For filling, toss chicken with Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken just until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; stir in butter until melted. Stir in bread crumbs; cook until crumbs are slightly toasted, 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix cheeses, milk, parsley and the remaining salt and pepper. Fold in chicken.
- Spread 2 cups pasta sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Fill each shell with 2-1/2 tablespoons ricotta mixture; place over sauce. Top with remaining sauce and cheeses (dish will be full).
- Cover with greased foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Parmesan Stuffed Shells in Simple & Delicious February/March 2018