Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts
I came up with this dish to re-create the comforting flavors of a restaurant-style sandwich. Now it's my husband's favorite dinner. —Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, pepper and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Top with remaining marinara, the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted. Top each roll half with a patty.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 420 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Open-Faced Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012