Chicken Parmesan for Two
"My husband isn't a big fan of pasta so I came up with a dish he'd actually be happy to eat-and this is the result. He likes it enough that I prepare it weekly," says Amy Lauters of Falcon Heights, Minnesota. "The recipe makes enough for two hungry people."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; coat with yogurt and bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 2 tablespoons oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in the skillet, saute onion, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley in remaining oil until onion is tender. add the tomato sauce and water; simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain spaghetti; add to skillet and toss to coat. Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 729 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1261mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 44g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Parmesan in Country Woman September/October 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.