Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Place chicken in a pressure cooker; top with onion. In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Whisk in the tomato paste, garlic, paprika, salt, thyme and hot pepper sauce. Pour over the chicken.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to low pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 12 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir sour cream into cooking juices; serve over chicken.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested at 10/13/15 pounds of pressure (psi).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 554 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 63g protein.
Oct 30, 2017
Family loved it!!
Sep 3, 2012
This is flavorful and easy! The sauce was mild and a bit watery. I just let it reduce for a few minutes and the addition of the sour cream made it great. Next time I will double the cooking time, my chicken turned out a bit tough.
Sep 20, 2010
My family really liked this!