- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 pound skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- In a bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, honey and seasonings; mix well. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread chicken. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken on a Stick
"This is one of my very favorite recipes on the grill, and there are so many ways to use leftovers, although I don't usually have many. When I serve this chicken to guests they always love it."