You will so look forward to “me time” when you have the makings for these nachos on hand! I’ve had them many ways, and they’re always so good! —Regina Morales, Orlando, Florida
Recommended: 29 Recipes For Ballpark-Favorite Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup refried black beans, warmed
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- In a small skillet, combine the chicken, water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until melted.
- Arrange chips on a serving plate; top with beans, chicken mixture and salsa. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chicken Nachos for One in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p66