Chicken ‘n’ Veggie Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and 1/2 cup salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, garlic salt and rosemary; add vegetables. Seal bag toss to coat.
- Drain and discard marinades. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables.
- Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with remaining salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 445 calories, 30g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 14, 2014
Very good! I added onion and bell pepper to them!
Jun 15, 2014
This is a keeper! The veggies are the best. I used an extra 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary and garlic salt and marinated it for an hour.
Jul 18, 2013
The whole family loved this, including my veggie-avoiding son, who ate every bit of it. I wonder about making it in a basket instead of on skewers....
Jul 12, 2013
For the marinade I used the Herbed Italian Dressing and the chicken was excellent. I liked using the oil, garlic and rosemary marinade for the veggies which also turned out very flavorful. We eat lots of chicken and veggies so this recipe will be used repeatedly.
Jul 9, 2013
With only a few ingredients needed, this dish is so quick to put together for a busy weekday dinner. It's a great way to enjoy the summer harvest from your garden.
Jul 12, 2012
to the person concerned w/ sodium.. I would use light or fat free Italian dressing and garlic powder instead of garlic salt.
Jun 13, 2012
Delicious, everyone loved it. Definitely will make this again.
May 31, 2012
My DH loved this. I substituted other veggies for the squash. Will make again soon.
May 21, 2012
Our whole family loved these Kabobs. It was easy using ingredients I had on hand. I doubled the recipe for eight adults and thought we'd have extra but not one kabob was left over.
May 18, 2012
In response to redhead4101: I was checking the food items for sodium, they are 0 as far as I can tell. But the Italian salad dressing seems to be the culprit for the sodium content. The Italian salad dressing I have shows about 360mg per 2tbsp. Chicken breast (3oz) is about 68 mg sodium. The garlic salt for McCormick brand is about 490mg per serving. I hope this helps.