Chicken ‘n’ Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing croutons
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Optional toppings: gravy, minced fresh parsley and coarsely ground pepper
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the croutons, parsley, salt, pepper and celery mixture. Combine eggs and broth; pour over bread mixture and toss to combine. Add chicken; toss gently.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Top, if desired, with gravy, parsley or coarsely ground pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 452 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 1189mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Feb 21, 2016
Delicious way to use leftover turkey. Thanks for sharing.
Oct 20, 2014
my family loves this one!!
Aug 27, 2014
Made this but omitted the eggs. Made my own chicken gravy and mashed potatoes. Layered stuffing, chicken and potatoes. Added a little gravy between the stuffing and chicken. In the oven till hot. Served with homemade gravy and cranberry sauce. Whole family loved it.
May 26, 2013
Made this for company and everyone thought the recipe was great! Easy to make. Next time, I am going to make a gravy to serve with it.
Nov 13, 2012
Very good. I used my own chicken broth instead of canned. I baked it longer because it was pretty wet even though I reduced the broth because I had a 12 oz bag of stuffing croutons. It's probably just personal preference of how moist or dry you like your stuffing.
Sep 24, 2011
My family of 5 lovers it and there's enough left over for next day's lunch!
Nov 11, 2008
Not having any leftover chicken on hand, I made this with 2 cans of chunk white-meat chicken from Sam's. It was excellent!
May 1, 2008
I have shared this recipe with many friends. We all agree this is a keeper recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.