Chicken ‘n’ Rice Salad
My duties as wife, mother and schoolteacher tend to keep me out of the kitchen. So this superbly simple salad comes in handy when dinnertime is fast approaching.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Prepare rice according to package directions; cool. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 368 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Chicken 'n' Rice Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook