Chicken ‘n’ Ham Frittata
Because my family is busy, we often gather for Sunday brunch to discuss plans for the upcoming week over servings of this hearty egg dish. It's colorful and special enough to prepare for holiday get-togethers, too.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/4 cups chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped deli ham
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large ovenproof skillet, saute the onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the yellow squash, zucchini, peppers and ginger; cook and stir for 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the chicken and ham; cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, horseradish and pepper until blended. Pour into skillet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 504 calories, 40g fat (10g saturated fat), 286mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Frittata in Country Woman Christmas 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.