Chicken ‘n’ Fruit Salad
THIS SALAD has been on my menus for more than 20 years. We love it when traveling in the summer in our motor home as it so easy to fix and we carry most of the ingredients with us. It’s also a good dish for potlucks at church and other club groups. Assorted crackers and cheese are compatible accompaniments.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken or 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe banana
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes and strawberries. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and honey. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in banana. Spoon onto lettuce-lined plates.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 443 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Chicken and Fruit Salad in Reminisce April/May 2007
Jun 4, 2014
I made this recipe to serve 3 and it served more than that. I added mandarin oranges to it and cashews optional to sprinkle on it. I didn't use a banana. Quite tasty. I am making it tonight for myself.