Chicken ‘N’ Corn Bread Dressing
My nursing career keeps me busy, so easy recipes that taste great are important to me. I came up with this one by combining items I had on hand.—Pam West, Ernul, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 packages (8-3/4 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups seasoned stuffing croutons
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) white chicken, drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and broth. Stir in the muffin mixes, corn, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well. Add the croutons, chicken, potato and celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 278 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 925mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Chicken 'N' Corn Bread Dressing in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.