Chicken ‘n’ Chilies Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, half-and-half cream, onion, chilies, salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, chicken and 2 cups cheese.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving. If desired, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 410 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Feb 14, 2018
Good casserole for a group. I did add a second can of chilies though.
Mar 18, 2017
Not bad but was a little bland for us. Will make again but will spice it up a bit.
Dec 21, 2012
Easy and tasty. We used ham.
Feb 8, 2011
I have been making this for years. I always get compliments on it.It's easy to make and is very good.
Jul 17, 2010
Made this for the family, which consists of 2 picky boys, and we all liked it. I did use light sour cream as well as 2% cheese. Will try adding some spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower next time for some needed nutrients.
Jul 6, 2010
I made this the other day for my family ~ They all loved it and asked me to make it again. The only thing I did different was add 1 tsp. garlic powder... AWESOME recipe Thank you :-)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.