Chicken Mushroom Melts Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in soy sauce; cook 7 minutes longer. Stir in cream; cook for 4-6 minutes or until sauce is thickened (do not boil).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; spread over bread. Place buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Top each slice with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 serving: 228 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Mushroom Melts
"I agree that this tasted bland. Even my husband who doesn't like strong flavors ate it but said it was "just ok". I even added the green onions as someone mentioned, but it just wasn't enough. Not bad, but not something I plan on making again."
"I thought that this was very bland. To jazz it up, I topped it with toasted almonds and green chives. If I make this again, I'm going to use Monteray Jack cheese instead."