Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (cut into a 2-1/2- x 1/2-inch stick)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons seasoned or plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Season the inside with the salt, pepper, parsley and tarragon. Place cheese in the center and fold chicken around it.
- Place flour in a small shallow bowl. Place egg in another shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a third shallow bowl. Roll chicken in flour; dip into egg, then roll in crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in butter and oil until golden brown. Place in a small shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 640 calories, 43g fat (16g saturated fat), 336mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Nov 21, 2014
I've been making this for years. It's delicious. Be sure to pound meat to proper thickness or you'll need to adjust cooking times and I don't think it tastes as good thicker. We love it at our home!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.