- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 tube (10.2 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cornmeal
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, green pepper and onion in butter until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Add the cocoa, brown sugar and spices; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in corn and salsa; heat through. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Arrange biscuit pieces over chicken mixture with cut sides facing outer edge of dish, overlapping slightly. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Mole Casserole
"Really enjoyed this; just the right amount of spice, sprinkled chopped cilantro and shredded cheese before serving. Served it with guacamole and salad. YUM!"
"This is delicious!! My husband really liked it, especially the spiciness. I made it exactly as written except I made homemade biscuits and added shredded Mexican cheese in with the biscuits. Yum!!!!"