Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9.3 ounces) minestrone soup mix
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare soup mix according to package directions, adding zucchini and mushrooms. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir into soup.
- For croutons, in a large bowl, combine butter and parsley. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Serve with soup.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 588 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 2164mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 36g protein.
Oct 13, 2014
Delicious soup! I made it exactly as written except I left out the portobello mushrooms. The homemade croutons were wonderful and added a nice rustic touch.
Sep 4, 2014
In response to patriotsgrl, skip the coutons and parmesan cheese, if using butter, make sure is unsalted, and most of all skip using that packaged soup mix. Use low or no sodium chicken broth and your seasonings like basil, pepper, oregano, parsley, thyme, a bay leaf and salt to your taste.
Oct 15, 2013
I would really like to make this soup is there a way that the sodium can be reduced, 2,164 mg is a bit hard to swallow.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.