Chicken Melts Recipe
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 package (6 ounces) thinly sliced deli smoked chicken breast
- 3 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. Spread two bread slices with jelly. Layer with chicken and cheese; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 493 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1164mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Melts
"This sandwich was a nice change of pace. I substituted Habanero jelly since that is what I had on hand, it was spicy hot and delicious. I use my George Foreman grill to make any kind of sandwich melt instead of a pan and it comes out just like a panini press with the ridges and everything. No need to butter the slices..which can rip the tender bread...just run your butter over the hot grill plates, stick your sandwich in & voila...crispy, crunchy, buttery & delicious...plus almost zero clean up."
"this is a great sandwich with lots of possibilities."
"I thought it would be weird but I happened to have all the ingredients so I made it for my Teenage son..he asked for seconds."
"This is one of my favorite sandwiches!"
"Outstanding! My family gave these rave reviews. The only changes I made were: I put the jelly on the inside of BOTH slices of bread and I used sharp white cheddar cheese instead of the Havarti. We will definitely be making these again!"
"Couldn't believe I had all the ingredients on hand. Just had to make it. It was good. My son thought it was a little too sweet but I expected it with the pepper jelly."
"Different ingredients, super easy, me and my husband loved them!"