Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 4-1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine hash browns, beans and carrots. Top with chicken. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 428 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 2, 2012
I've made this a number of times over the years. It's super-simple. I like to use an entire 24-oz bags of hash browns, I go more generous with the beans & carrots, and since I've increased these ingredients, I use an entire envelope of onion soup mix. Makes nice leftovers for lunch the next day!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.