Chicken Marinara for Two
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds meaty bone-in chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until crisp tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, parsley, salt, oregano, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place flour in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a skillet, cook chicken in butter until lightly browned on all sides. Place skin side up in a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake 5-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pound: 420 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Dec 11, 2013
It was very good. I used skinless & boneless chicken drumsticks or thighs (or both of them) & double the tomato sauce so we could have enough sauce for our rice
Feb 12, 2011
Excellent! Doubled it and baked it for my teenage sons. Even my "picky" eater loved it!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.