Chicken Madeira Pastry
Save half the chicken you ordered, and look forward to folding it in puff pastry for a beautiful supper that feeds the whole family. Keep in mind, any leftover chicken you have on hand would also work well in this recipe. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1-1/4 cups cubed leftover chicken from Cheesecake Factory's Chicken Madeira
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Combine the spreadable cheese, milk and mustard in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving. Add the peas and pearl onions and chicken to the saucepan; heat through.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 15x10-in. rectangle; transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Spread potatoes lengthwise down the center third of rectangle to within 1-inch of the ends; top with chicken mixture.
- Cut eight strips on each long side about 3 inches into the center. Bring one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends to seal; repeat. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with reserved sauce.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.