Chicken Long Rice
Ginger gives this dish a great flavor. If you like more veggies in the meal add chopped celery, chopped sweet peppers, julienned carrots and zucchini, or shredded bok choy. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 5 ounces uncooked bean thread noodles or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large bowl; cover with water. Let stand 30 minutes or until noodles are translucent and softened. Drain noodles. Using scissors, cut noodles into 4-in. lengths. (If using spaghetti, cook according to package directions until al dente; drain.)
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken mixture; stir-fry 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In same pan, combine broth, mushrooms and remaining soy sauce; bring to a boil. Add noodles and chicken; cook and stir until noodles are tender. Remove from heat; sprinkle with green onion.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 530 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 978mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 44g protein.
Originally published as chicken long rice in Taste of Home Recipes Across America