Chicken Little Cinnamon Rolls
The delectable homemade taste of these cinnamon rolls brings raves when Mom and I serve them to friends and family. With raisins and a light lemon glaze, these rolls are perfect for a special brunch. -Gayle Grigg, Phoenix, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and lemon zest; sprinkle evenly over butter. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls. Place cut side down in a greased 11x7-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine the glaze ingredients; brush over rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 191 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as "Chicken Little" Cinnamon Rolls in Taste of Home April/May 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.