Chicken & Kielbasa with Curried Rice
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, kielbasa and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the broccoli, coconut milk, soup, rice, water, curry and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish with tomato.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 590 calories, 38g fat (24g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1060mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 10, 2014
I will be definitely be making this one again. It's a wonderful one-pan dish. I, too, used light coconut milk to reduce the fat content. I used "healthy request" version of the cream of celery soup to reduce some more fat and salt. I probably could have omitted the 1/4 tsp. and not even missed it. The whole dish was easy enough for my son to help prepare and we all liked it.
Nov 3, 2008
This recipe was awesome! I loved it.
Oct 24, 2008
I used light coconut milk, which cuts out some fat. To omit the cream of celery soup also cuts a lot of fat--and I think it still tastes great without it.