Chicken, peaches and veggies are treated to a delightful glaze. These kabobs pack in flavor. Serve with couscous or rice, and dinner’s served! —Sharon Ricci, Mendon, New York
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) peach nectar
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium peaches, cut into chunks
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, curry, cinnamon and chili powder. Gradually stir in the peach nectar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, peaches, onions and peppers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and basting with nectar mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Kabobs with Peach Glaze in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p26
Reviews forChicken Kabobs with Peach Glaze
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2011
"I so love this recipe,,,, have made it several times"