- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 ounces reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery with leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a large nonstick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, saute chicken for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Jambalaya
"Not bad, but I thought the chicken breast dried out a bit. I like the Captain Russell's Jambalaya recipe a lot better. Also, I can always tell the difference between white and brown rice. The flavor and the texture are just not as good, in my opinion."
"I love this recipe and make it all the time! It's a great dish to make for company too!"
"this recipe was awesome! it was my first go at jambalaya n it was delicious. my boyfriend has acid reflux so i ommited the tomatoes. instead of celery i cut up zucchini, n the dish was soooo good! We both enjoyed it and my coworkers were jealous the next day when i had leftovers for lunch. This 1 dish i will definitely keep around and make more often. I may use shrimp next time."