Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dip into eggs, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Saute chicken and garlic over medium heat, turning chicken once, for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter; keep warm. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until volume is reduced by half. Spoon over chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 322 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Sep 12, 2017
Simple to put together and tasty. Pasta Alfredo worked well as a side with sauce poured over the chicken.
Jul 25, 2013
This was really good, a quick chicken piccata. I made this with spaghetti on the side, using some of the sauce from the chicken. Would definately make this again
May 2, 2013
This was good. Everyone loved it and the sauce was great. It was very fattening, but good. We did pour the sauce on the chicken and it just made it that much yummier!
Jan 9, 2009
This was very delicious! I did not put the sauce over the chicken for my children because I did not think it would go over well. The adults didn't feel the sauce was really necessary because the chicken had so much flavor. I served it with pasta and fruit. It definately was a good meal that I will prepare again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.