Chicken in Puff Pastry Recipe
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup spreadable spinach and artichoke cream cheese
- 4 slices Muenster cheese, halved
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares.
- 2. Spoon 2 tablespoons cream cheese into the center of each square; top with Muenster cheese and chicken.
- 3. Whisk egg and water; lightly brush over edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each bundle; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 496 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Chicken in Puff Pastry
"Lovely, simple recipe that 8s totally good for company!"
"I haven't made this yet...do you cook the chicken first or put it in raw?"
"We loved this recipe! As with some of the others, I changed the filling a bit. I had some spinach dip in the fridge, so for the filling, I stirred some spinach dip into cream cheese. The crunch from the waterchestnuts in the spinach dip really gave the bundles a great texture, which was a hit with my friends. This recipe is a definite keeper that is so easy to change up, depending on what you have in your fridge."
"question? are chicken tenderloins the same as maybe cut up breasts? and can you use crescent rolls instead of puff pastry? and who makes the spinach and artichoke cream cheese spread?"
"We love these! Have made them several times. I use different cream cheeses sometimes, but they are always very yummy!"
"i made these for some girlfriends for lunch and they all loved them, I could not find the spinach and artichoke cream cheese, so i used a spinach and artichoke garlic alfredo spread that i found in the frozen food section"
"This is my favorite card in the recipe box! I lost it and went crazy searching for it online until I found it. You should definately try it."
"I have made this recipe several times for guests and they love it! It's delicious, easy and wonderful to present."
"It worked so well... we used a different type of cheese spread instead of the cream cheese and it was a huge hit!!"
"These were VERY yummy just as the receipe is! I would certainly makes these again and they didn't take long to make at all!"
"I just got my June/July '10 issue of S&D a few days ago and had to go buy the ingredients to try this. It is excellent and I will definitely make it again. It is really creamy and has a wonderful flavor. The muenster cheese and spinach/artichoke flavors meld together very nicely. I was going to use swiss cheese instead, but I'm glad that I stuck to the recipe. This one is a keeper."