- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 3 to 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, broth, peas, carrots, soup, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix, milk, garlic powder and celery seed (mixture will be thin). Pour hot chicken mixture into eight greased ovenproof 10-oz. custard cups or casseroles. Immediately spoon 1/4 cup of biscuit mixture evenly on top of each. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChicken in Every Pot Pie
"This was really good, I cut it in half as I did not need eight servings . Next time I will have to make a bit more chicken veg mixture but the flavor is really nice. I did not use cream of mushroom soup as I had fresh mushrooms and so made my own white sauce for it instead. Will be making this again!"
"Very easy to make, very good and creamy."
"Our family loves this quick and easy pot pie. I have tweaked it a bit to make it even easier. I use frozen mixed vegetables and cream of chicken soup since my daughter doesn't like mushrooms. When my daughter-in-law comes over I use gluten free baking mix. After Thanksgiving, I boil up the carcass, gather the meat scraps and broth to freeze for a quick pot pit at a future date. It has become a family favorite."
"My husband and son (who complains about everything that isn't pizza) really liked it. My son even went back for 2nds and 3rds. My husband likes a crust on the bottom so I used a store bought refrigerated crust and the bisquit mix on top. I cooked it for 15 mins at 425 and then 35 minutes at 350. I used a 9" pie plate and it didn't all fit so I put the leftover in a small casserole dish with bisquit mix on top. Next time I will try a 10" pie plate."
"Jimmy doesn't like this but didn't say anything till I had already fixed it. He said this was not all that bad."
"This recipe is great! I use pie crust in place of the biscuit mix."