- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter on both sides until juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits. Stir in the cream and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add Parmesan cheese, basil and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over the chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken in Basil Cream
"We loved this recipe! I also used a can of Rotel instead of pimientoand shredded Parmesan and Romano mix. ... and thighs instead of breasts. So delicious! Put it in my recipe box."
"Love this recipe! I've made it three times now. The basil cream makes the dish look so elegant and the flavor is amazing, smooth, and just the right amount of basil flavoring. This dish appears difficult but is so simple and easy to do. This recipe will be one I make many times!"
"easy to make"
"I make this very simply dish all the time. Absolutely excellent!"